Monday 23 October 2017

Monday News





Hey everybody 😍 It's Monday! Great Balls of Wool is open today if you need anything. We are open Mondays for winter. Your welcome to come hang out and knit if you like. The Loopy Lounge is not being used for classes today. Roisin is not here to give lessons but you are still welcome to come hang out and knit!

So the picture above is of the J.C.Brett Chunky Marble. A very popular yarn here a GBOW. Its acrylic so it's fully wash and dry-able. People love it for afghans. And it does make gorgeous afghans. But did you know that there is a pattern book for sweaters and accessories made out of chunky marble as well. The following two pictures are from the pattern book. Looks just like Noro don't you think? But it's Chunky Marble. So pretty!





This poncho is Noro. It is specifically Roisin's origional design called the Chantal Poncho. It is knit out of one 100g ball of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn. I just love Noro. I think it's my all time favorite yarn.


Below is a picture of 100g balls of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn. Aren't they glorious? And they feel as good as they look. Silk garden is very soft because of the silk. It feels very cotton like. Its my all time favorite sock yarn. I currently have two pair of socks on the needles in Silk Garden and one that I just finished and wear constantly.

Below is a picture of my sock bag and all my socks that I have on the go. from top to bottom they are as follows. The rainbow socks. Very fine, very knotty yarn, on 2.25mm needles. For when Im feeling up to a challenge. Next the pastel green angora socks. Super soft and fluffy on 3mm needles. Probably one of my favs to knit on right now. So excited to finish them and wear them this winter. They will be so warm! Then two different colors of Silk Garden Sock yarn socks on 3mm and 3.5mm needles. I'm enjoying those immensely.
So about socks. I knit socks using the sockista method taught here at GBOW by Roisin. I joined the everlasting sock class years ago and it has been great. When ever I need help it's always available. But I always cast on using the free tutorial on the GBOW website. If you don't know what I'm talking about you can go to www.GreatBallsofWool.ca and look at the free tutorial and see that everything is there to learn to knit socks by this method for free.

 I like my sock class though. It's on Tuesdays from 1 pm to 3pm if you are interested in joining. You pay once and never again. Then you learn a method not a pattern. Once you learn this method you can knit socks in any pattern you like because you know the basic method of knitting 'two socks at once from the toe up' with an 'after thought' heal.

Alright! Well, I hope to see some of you drop by to knit on Mondays and hang out!
Have a great Monday!

No comments: